Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Getting Lost

I could not believe it! It was the day I had waited on , like forever. I never thought I would have seen myself in a white evening gown, trenched with a long white tail and the clearest slippers any princess could ever dream of. I was excited and thrilled, and for once I felt like the most beautifulest girl in the world. I remember sitting in my dressing room humming to myself a familiar song about how love takes people up and down, like a roller coaster. And suddenly I started to reminisce on all the things me and my soon to be husband have gone through over the years.
I remember waking up in the middle of the night, unable to sleep because of the scent of another woman's perfume. My spouse is a Co-Executive at Liberty Inc., promoted to persuade any young woman he is the idea of "Mr. Perfect". So, there I was pasting in the middle of the night wondering will this ever come to an end. Now I am asking myself questions like, would I ever be able to get into my bed and be held by this guy I love more than anything in the world? Those nights drove me delusional and I often had flashes, like visions, of what would happen if I walked out and left my two kids and their father alone. But I knew all of this was besides the point it was my wedding day and it was not the time to get lost on the past, because there has got to be something that led to this magnificent point.
I do remember the times when he would call home to see what the kids and I was doing and to make sure we were safe. And he would always make me feel comfortable to express how I felt no matter what the situation was. When I was finally fed up with the late nights of perfume and visions of him and someone else, I actually confronted him and he was able to sit down and let me express exactly how I felt and ever since that night he has been "Mr.Perfect" to me. There has not been any other scent in my bed, besides Dulce and Gabana, which I could not go a day without wearing.
And reality I come to relax that everything will not always be perfect. I have to learned to accept the past and move forward with what the future holds.

3 comments:

  1. The essay has some very good descriptions in it. I like how you used the sense of smell several times, and how you told not only the way the wedding dress looked, but also how it made you feel. several of the sentences seemed to start by talking about one thing but then got mixed in with something else. There were a few gramatical errors but it was a good paper to read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't feel that essay had a good flow. I think the audience had a problem following the sequence of the story. Because at one point you started out with daydreaming relating to past experience.
    Secondly, it went into your description of your wedding day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are intelligent comments and should help you improve your essay and make it more focused. Good work on your part for development and on theirs for taking commentary seriously. Bravo to all!!

    ReplyDelete